Unlock your trading potential with the secrets of military discipline.
Dive deep into the connection between military training and trading. From discipline to risk management, Louise Bedford and Casey Stubbs share valuable insights and real-life stories that will help you become a better trader.
Whether you’re a veteran of the markets looking to polish your skills or a new trader trying to work out what makes the market tick, this podcast offers valuable lessons and perspectives you can apply immediately.
Questions We Discuss
- Do you feel that your early experiences with money set you up for success? Or was it more that you knew what you wanted to avoid?
- Now that you’ve experienced success in the markets, what continues to drive you?
- It’s hard to talk about trading without hearing the word ‘discipline’. You have a strong background in the army. What are some of the skills and techniques you’ve adopted to be successful in the markets that all traders should consider?
- I’ve heard that the army teaches you that your body can handle 40% after your mind has given up. Do you feel that’s accurate?
- I loved the ‘Make Your Bed’ speech given by Admiral William H McRaven. Military discipline to overcome day-to-day hardships. What are your thoughts about this?
About Casey Stubbs
Louise says: “Casey Stubbs, from tradingstrategyguides.com, kindly shares his views on the role of military discipline. Actually, this interview will also appear on Casey’s podcast ‘How To Trade It’ as well.
Both Chris Tate and I have been on Casey’s show in the past, and that’s why we wanted Casey to come onto our podcast to share his knowledge.
Casey is an army veteran, a trader and father to nine children. He became a self-made millionaire after what he describes as being a ‘broke-dad’. Trading changed his world.
Casey shares lessons from his background as an army veteran. We can all benefit from the military lessons he shares without needing to go through a 15-hour obstacle course with a 30-kilogram pack on our backs.
About Louise Bedford
Louise Bedford is a highly accomplished and experienced trader, educator, and author, with over 30 years of experience in the financial markets.
She is the co-founder of The Trading Game and is known for her unique approach to teaching trading psychology and market analysis.
Louise has authored several successful trading books, including Trading Secrets, Charting Secrets, and The Secret of Candlestick Charting. She is also a regular contributor to Ausbiz, the Your Trading Edge magazine, and is the host of the Master Your Trading Mind Hub at IG Markets Australia.
She and her business partner, Chris Tate, and have been running their repeat-for-free Mentor Program for the past 23 years. They provide simple techniques that you can implement straight away, and valuable resources to enhance your trading so you can maximise your profit potential.
To get in touch with Louise