Interested in the stock market but not sure where to begin?
Louise Bedford teams up with Young Han, Chris Oates, and Andrew Sykes from RSM to share her secrets to becoming a successful investor and trader. She talks about how to cut through the amateur advice that might get you into trouble, and navigate market volatility like a pro.
This is a riveting conversation about the intricacies of trading, the difference between trading and investing, and it delves into different investment styles, such as the comparative strengths of using technical analysis versus fundamental analysis to guide your decisions in the share market.
This show originally aired on the talkBIG podcast at this link:
Highlights from this episode:
- Candlestick graphs and optimising trades with data
- Technical analysis vs. fundamental analysis
- The difference between trading and investing
- How to get started on the stock market
- How to use a stop-loss order in trades and in your romantic life
- The value of emotional distance for a trader
- How to create an effective trading plan
- How to select shares
- How to avoid losing money on the stock market
- Understanding stock market behaviour and self-sabotage
- Managing risk when trading or investing
- The value of a supportive accountant
- How much money do you need to get started trading?
- Practical first steps to get started with shares
- Spreading risk and diversified assets
- Battle of the sexes – which gender makes better trades?
- Online research – who to trust for market advice
Young Han, Chris Oates, and Andrew Sykes run the talkBIG podcast for RSM Accounting.
RSM is a national accounting firm with 1600+ personnel embracing all areas of business advice.
Having grown into one of Australia’s leading professional services firms over the last 100 years, RSM Australia is committed to enabling clients through a greater understanding of what matters most to their business.
With 32 offices across Australia, they draw on their international reach and scale to ensure clients
stay at the forefront of the world’s best practices, technology, and innovation within a rapidly changing global economy.
About Louise Bedford
Louise Bedford is a highly accomplished and experienced trader, educator, and author, with over 30 years of experience in the financial markets.
She is the co-founder of The Trading Game and is known for her unique approach to teaching trading psychology and market analysis.
Louise has authored several successful trading books, including Trading Secrets, Charting Secrets, and The Secret of Candlestick Charting. She is also a regular contributor to Ausbiz, the Your Trading Edge magazine, and is the host of the Master Your Trading Mind Hub at IG Markets Australia.
She and her business partner, Chris Tate, and have been running their repeat-for-free Mentor Program for the past 23 years. They provide simple techniques that you can implement straight away, and valuable resources to enhance your trading so you can maximise your profit potential.
To get in touch with Louise
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio