In this episode, listen as Louise interviews Marine veteran and martial arts expert, Erik Smolinski. They talk about how to keep trading in perspective and avoid letting it consume your life.
Clarity of mind is critical for successful trading. You need to develop strategies for soothing your mind so you can think clearly and make better decisions. This episode focuses on this area, as well as many other significant mind hacks required for superior trading performance.
Erik has a strong background as a Marine Officer and martial artist.
Both fields require high levels of discipline. Listen as Erik and Louise explore some of the skills and techniques he has adopted to succeed in the markets that all traders should consider.
Trading can be challenging, and there will be times when your instincts tell you to retreat. Learn how to push yourself forward and stay focused on your goals.
Questions we discuss:
- Trading is not life and death. How do you keep trading in perspective?
- How do you quiet your mind so you can think clearly when it comes to trading?
- How do you push yourself forward when everything in your body is yelling at you to retreat?
- Do you feel that your early experiences with money set you up for success? Or was it more that you knew what you wanted to avoid?
- Some people think you should just stick with your fastball, and not have a Plan B in terms of investing. What would you say to them?
About Erik Smolinski
Eric is the founder of www.esinvests.com. He is a Marine veteran and a trader for more than 15 years. Erik was raised in a single-parent household, with quite humble beginnings, and he became a self-made millionaire before the age of 30.
Now he looks to pay forward what he’s learned about mindset and trading. In this episode, Erik shares the lessons from his background as a marine to let us gain an insight into the way his mind works.
About Louise Bedford
Louise Bedford is a highly accomplished and experienced trader, educator, and author, with over 30 years of experience in the financial markets. She is the co-founder of The Trading Game, and is known for her unique approach to teaching trading psychology and market analysis.
Louise has authored several successful trading books, including Trading Secrets, Charting Secrets, and The Secret of Candlestick Charting. She is also a regular contributor to Ausbiz, the Your Trading Edge magazine, and is the host of the Master Your Trading Mind Hub at IG Markets Australia.
To get in touch with Louise