Traders who swiftly bounce back from setbacks are often those who can maintain a high level of objectivity in their trading.
The exciting news is that these crucial recovery skills are attainable through learning and practice.
By honing their resilience, traders can enhance their ability to stay focused, adapt to market changes, and quickly recover from losses or mistakes.
This journey of mastering resilience not only leads to improved trading outcomes but also cultivates a mindset of continuous growth and success in the dynamic world of trading.
Questions We Discuss
- Burnout is a real risk. But there are warning signs. What are the symptoms of physical and emotional fatigue, and why is it important for traders and athletes to notice these?
- What would your advice be to traders struggling with their energy levels?
- I see a lot of traders spreading themselves too thin, trading a lot of different markets and time frames. This takes a physical toll. What would your advice be here?
- Why is fatigue the enemy of clear thinking?
- Do you suggest that your athletes use visualisations or affirmations to look into the future, or do you suggest they focus on ‘the now’?
- Modelling is where a person learns through imitation. What’s the importance of modelling?
- What do you feel the role of self-care is for people in high-performance endeavours?
- Do you feel employers are taking these issues seriously?
- Where can people learn more about you?
About Simon Kearney
Elite athlete scientist, Simon Kearney from www.readiness.com.au is the co-founder of Readiness, a wellbeing technology company specialising in helping leading businesses (like Telstra and Jayco) unlock performance through technology and wellbeing.
Simon’s philosophy for over 20 years in elite, high-performance sports has been designing solutions at the intersection of psychology, wellbeing and performance.
Before Readiness, Simon led the high-performance programs with elite sporting organisations, monitoring and improving all the key areas of well-being He is ideally placed to provide us with specific strategies to increase our resilience as traders.
Simon’s LinkedIn profile: linkedin.com/in/simon-kearney-86a819145
About Louise Bedford
Louise Bedford is a highly accomplished and experienced trader, educator, and author, with over 30 years of experience in the financial markets.
She is the co-founder of The Trading Game and is known for her unique approach to teaching trading psychology and market analysis.
Louise has authored several successful trading books, including Trading Secrets, Charting Secrets, and The Secret of Candlestick Charting. She is also a regular contributor to Ausbiz, the Your Trading Edge magazine, and is the host of the Master Your Trading Mind Hub at IG Markets Australia.
She and her business partner, Chris Tate, have been running their repeat-for-free Mentor Program for the past 23 years. They provide simple techniques that you can implement straight away, and valuable resources to enhance your trading so you can maximise your profit potential.
The Trading Game Mentor Program is a 6-month, repeat-for-free course, that has been running since the Year 2000.
If you’re curious about whether this is your next step, then you need to register for Priority Notification, so you can learn more, and get a heap of free trading resources.
To get in touch with Louise
To discover more about this fascinating area of Trading Psychology, make sure you check out the IG Master Your Trading Mind Hub. Many of the topics discussed on this week’s show are expanded upon in the Hub. From learning your trading DNA to managing your emotions, habit formation to finding inspiration and maximising recovery if things don’t go your way, this content series is full of practical information to help you hone your trading mindset and get the most out of your trades. There’s something in this series for traders of all levels, whether you’re an experienced trader or just starting out.