Each week we bring you interviews and expert trading tactics to teach you what, when and where to trade.
In this episode of Talking Trading, host Louise Bedford talks to renowned strategic life coach, Shannah Kennedy, about the secrets to a happy trading life.
Kennedy shares insights on how to turn setbacks into life lessons, defining values, and generating good habits.
Focusing on why Morning Journals can help maintain your focus, she also emphasises the importance of guarding against complexity and avoiding burnout in the trading world.
Tune in for some expert advice on how to strengthen your mindset and approach trading challenges with resilience and determination.
Louise Bedford says:
“As traders, it’s important to focus on improving our psychological wellbeing, just like we work on strengthening our bodies at the gym. When we have better control over our mindset, it opens up new opportunities and allows us to approach challenges with more resilience and determination. That’s why I’m thrilled to have renowned life coach Shannah Kennedy from www.shannahkennedy.com on the show.”
Topics we cover
1) Why a health setback can be a gift.
2) How, if you can define your problem specifically, you’ll be a step closer to the solution, plus discover some of the blocks that mean people aren’t living their best life.
3) Why keeping a morning journal is essential.
4) To trade well, you need to make sure your goals are aligned with your values, so your actions will be repeated to make habits. A lot of people struggle to define their values. Hear Shannah’s advice for people who want to get specific about defining their values.
5) Shannah’s top advice for people wanting to generate good habits is essential listening. Plus hear her advice for traders that feel jaded and burned out.
About Shannah Kennedy
Shannah is a renowned strategic life coach from Australia and has worked with over 100 Olympic and elite athletes.
She’s also the author of several bestselling books, including “Simplify, Structure, Succeed,” “The Life Plan, Simple Strategies for a Meaningful Life,” and Louise’s personal favourite, “Shine – 20 Secrets to a Happy Life.”
Get in touch with Shannah
About Louise Bedford
Louise Bedford is a highly accomplished and experienced trader, educator, and author, with over 30 years of experience in the financial markets.
She is the co-founder of The Trading Game, and is known for her unique approach to teaching trading psychology and market analysis.
Louise has authored several successful trading books, including Trading Secrets, Charting Secrets, and The Secret of Candlestick Charting. She is also a regular contributor to Ausbiz, the Your Trading Edge magazine, and is the host of the Master Your Trading Mind Hub at IG Markets Australia.
To get in touch with Louise