Key Topics Discussed:
- It was looking quite reasonable on US markets until Wednesday’s 0.75% rate hike by the Fed. Find out why Chris Tate isn’t concerned about that and why you perhaps shouldn’t be either.
- What do markets actually look like when they turn and are they turning in the short term?
- Why does Chris think the S&P/ASX 200 is simultaneously the most disappointing index in the world but also one of the better performers?
- Which gold stocks took off overnight in the US and will the local stocks follow through?
- You might want to fill up your fuel tank now because the price of oil is looking bullish.
- If interest rates are supposed to go up forever why is the $US tanking?
- And a lesson for portfolio investors who don’t understand how currencies work and why they end up losing money.
About Chris Tate
Chris Tate is one of the first people to ever release a share trading book in Australia. He is the best-selling author of ‘The Art of Trading’ and ‘The Art of Options Trading in Australia’. He’s been running the 6-month repeat-for-free www.tradinggame.com.au Mentor Program since the year 2000, and he’s also the founder of www.talkingtrading.com.au, a free weekly trading podcast.
With a background as an immunologist, and his previous work as a bouncer, Chris’s life experiences will amaze you. When he’s not hanging out with his traders, he can be seen lifting weights at the gym, enjoying yoga… and trying to get a personal best time on his rowing machine in his garage.
To get in touch with Chris